Furiends, last night, Koji decided that he would start talking to the human in the middle of the night. The human got annoyed, and told Koji to be quiet. After a few minutes, Koji decided to hop onto the bed by the human and he, the human and I went back to sleep.
In Koji’s case, we know exactly why he was talking to the human. I think Koji has seen the human use the white watery litter box one too many times. You humans get rid of the waste that goes in there every time you use it. Koji seems to expect the same for the litter box.
Koji will pee in the litter box, and then demand the human clean it. As soon as the human does, he will hop in the box, poop in it, and then demand the human clean it again! So when Koji uses the litter box in the night, he talks to the human to tell him to clean it.
But other felines have other reasons for talking in the night. According to Catster, here are a few of them:
- Relocation can be difficult for felines. Whether it’s a cat who has lived with you who moved to a new place, an adult cat who joined the home recently, or a playful kitten who was adopted, moving often makes us anxious. And we felines express this by talking.
- We are bored and want you to help entertain us. Sometimes, we will demand this in the middle of the night.
- We are hungry or thirsty and we are letting you know. If you are smart, you will not give in to this, or we will start to demand noms when you are sleeping!
- There is a health related issue, such as dementia in an older feline.
- We saw something outside that disturbed us, like another cat, and we are letting you know.
The good news is that in most cases, there is an easy fix to us waking you up by meowing in the middle of the night. You can just ignore us, and when we realize you will not respond like we want you to, we will stop.
Of course, if you suspect a medical issue, make sure you take us to the white coated humans.
As for Koji, the human says he will either train him to use the toilet or he can just deal with the litter box not being pristine. I do not know if the human wants to train Koji to use the toilet. Because if he does, Koji will enjoy flushing the toilet and watching the water swirl around!